wtorek, 27 lutego 2018

The power of reading

    I listened to the podcats in which a writer - AL Kennedy - explained why reading influences us in such a positive way. She stated that reading can be seen as a solution to the problems we struggle with, such as loneliness, misunderstading of other people and even depression. Reading a book has many advantages, some of which I've never heard about. Kennedy said that reading develops our critical thinking and makes us more aware of other people's feeling and ideas they might have. It also helps us to become the people we want to be, the best versions of ourselves. What's more, reading has a very good influence on the relationships we bulid in the "real world" with our friends or family.
    Since reading is probably one of my favourite activities, apart from singing in the shower and sleeping, I found this podcats very thought provoking and interesting.I strongly agree with the Kennedy's attitude towards reading, because in my opinion it makes us more sensitive and empathetic. Having seen thousands of different lifes, views and types of people through the book's pages I think we are much "richer" from the people who never voluntarily read.
    
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVtHh0sn_1k

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz